Well check me out! Uploading photos of an ACTUAL CROCHET PROJECT instead of photos of my little man! I had a bit of a panic this evening when I couldn't find the photos I KNEW I'd taken of this project when I started it in September. Turns out I started it in August. That's how long it takes me to complete anything these days! Shocking.
Anyhoos, this wreath started out as a long, narrow strip of lovely yummy colours. I had fun working on my randomness. Sometimes, when you want to create a jumbled up effect, you have to repeat a colour very soon. That's the key to true randomness... I think.
Yum, yum, yum. (The yarny goodness, not my toes!)
By the way, I must apologise for the dodgy colour and lighting levels ih these photos. They were taken in the evening, which mean the lighting was poop. I've tweaked them this way and that to try to make them look bright, but they've ended up looking quite odd. Trust me, they're better than the dark and dingy originals!
Soon enough, my colourful strip was wrapped and stitched around my polystyrene ring (which I bought possibly and entire calendar year previously - I know it had been in the cupboard for SOME CONSIDERABLE TIME).
I was very happy with it at this stage. So I'm afraid that's how it was left for a while, propped on various surfaces around the lounge. It took me AGES to finally come up with some...
... little woolly blooms! This took about a month. Honestly. And you know why? Because making up flowers and leaves requires me to actually fetch a pattern book from the shelf/Attic24's tutorial list and concentrate for a while. So in the meantime, I'd got distracted making a simple ripple cushion, which involved absolutely no pattern reading. It's not that I struggle to understand a pattern. It's just easier to pick up a project you don't have to think about to take out and about, or to do while watching some TV of an evening.
The flowers and leaves really made it zing for me. It's simple and quite plain. It's not a true Attic24 wreath, because it has so little embellishment. But I love my colours so much I wanted to enjoy looking at them. Maybe one day I'll make a busy-busy-busy wreath, but for that I'd have to put a limited range of colours on the underneath bit, otherwise I couldn't bear to cover them up!
It is currently brightening the patch of cream wall behind our television, at a quirky angle so the flowers aren't exactly at the bottom. I do like a bit of asymmetry sometimes. I have no photo of that because of lighting and dusting issues. By the time the cobweb situation had been remedied this afternoon, the lighting was too poor to even attempt a photo. You're going to have to believe me when I say it looks rather lovely.
And it feels rather splendid to finally have a crafting ta-da completed! Hurray me!