We've finished our building marathon! We recommenced this morning with the construction of the wardrobe. SO much easier than the cot!
With a little help from Sidney Screwdriver...
After some baking and lunch, we continued with the chest of drawers/changing table. This involved a LOT of similar parts. I do feel it would have been helpful if the different planks of wood, which were drawn and numbers in the booklet, had little sticky labels with their numbers on. I spent a long time trying to differentiate between pieces 12, 13, 14 and 15.
We also had a small issue when we realised that we'd put the top on back to front. We lifted it back off with no trouble, but then had to enlist the help of Percy Pliers to yank out a stubborn wooden dowel. Oops!
First, here is the changing table, complete with changing mat. The drawers currently contain a small range of vests, socks and some reusable nappies.
Then onto Baby's wardrobe. Despite all Mum's protests about how we have too many clothes already, we're rather concerned. We have about three outfits for a newborn baby, and if it's a small baby we'll struggle to find ANYTHING to fit to begin with. And we are seriously lacking in trousers...
Clearly the wall above the cot needs some decoration - we're thinking we can use leftover fabric to make canvases and bunting. Oh - and a shout out to Tracy for lending us her baby bouncer. Thankies!
Then it's just a case of adding a baby!